Grademi Biotech is developing a patented device, X10 Pathology, to enhance the diagnostic value of erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) testing.
The ESR is a widely used non-specific blood test for inflammation, used to help support the diagnosis of a wide range of diseases and monitor therapy. X10 Pathology correlates ESR rate in plasma to specific disease states creating new functionality and dramatically improved performance. This allows: more rapid and specific disease diagnosis; reduced need for additional diagnostic testing and improve disease monitoring. The X10 Pathology is undergoing validation testing at a leading hospital in Italy.
This method has the following advantages:
- High resolution results and fast disease identification
- Continuous and easy monitoring of the pathological condition
- Massive reduction in health costs
- Fast assessment of treatment efficacy
- Fewer necessary tests, thus saving time
- Revaluation of the physician’s image
The X10 Pathology project aims to give the user the opportunity to meet the fundamental requirement of each test:
- Accuracy is subject to the repetition of the results in the same sample.
- Diagnostic sensitivity is related to the resolution of the representation of the results.
- Diagnostic specificity is related to determining the diagnosis.
- Treatment specificity is related to therapy monitoring.